Подскажите, в какую клинику лучше обратиться, чтобы там могли сделать углубленное медицинское обследование/лечение и выдать подробный отчет (по поводу депрессии), который удовлетворит требованиям Dignitas:
This is why you ask for and require an assessment of your current situation, resulting in an indepth psychiatric appraisal, a special, detailed medical report by a psychiatrist.
Such assessment should result in clear findings on the one or more diagnosis and
give an overview of all the therapies tried so far. Furthermore, the assessment
should investigate whether there are further possible therapies or whether your
illness is resistant to therapies. Such assessment may not be possible with the
doctor currently treating you. Therefore, it is advisable to look for an independent, open-minded psychiatrist with a forensic/analytic approach. Such independent psychiatrist is more likely to assess your case without prejudice.
Requesting and establishing such in-depth report is neither illegal nor unethical. In order to avoid opposition or rejection when requesting such indepth medical appraisal, it is advisable to first check out carefully the attitude of the psychiatrist.
3. one recent and two to three older medical certificates from your psychiatrist(s) and/or clinic stays or discharge papers, which contain substantial information, such as length of stay, diagnosis established, treatments tried (not just medication), situation at the time of discharge, etc. At least one of the medical certificates should not be older than three months.
4. a recent in-depth medical appraisal, established by a doctor of psychiatry.
The assessment should show that you are capable of discernment and judgement in regard of your death wish. Furthermore it shall attest that you can draw a balance of your past and that you are able to take existential decisions about your future. It should confirm that your wish to die is not a symptom of your mental illness but a well pondered decision.
Please be aware that only complete and well documented requests can be worked on by Dignitas and possibly submitted to a Swiss psychiatrist for further evaluation.
What can I do if I do not receive my medical reports?
For this, you can check the internet to find out more about the patient’s rights in your country.
How can I find a psychiatrist for the in-depth medical report?
- As mentioned earlier in this paper, the in-depth psychiatric assessment is best
done by an independent psychiatrist with a forensic/analytic approach. Such
independent psychiatrist is more likely to assess your case without prejudice.
- Research the internet and/or your local telephone directory by using key
words such as: medical expert, psychiatric expert, forensic psychiatrist or
- Visit your local public library or a bookstore. Look for professional literature
on the subject of forensic psychiatry and medical-psychiatric assessments and
copy the authors list. Or google published studies and look for the authors and
How can I confront the opposition and/or rejections when requesting the indepth psychiatric report?
- As much as possible, never appear desperate.
- Do not give your wish to end your life as a primary reason to request an indepth report. Remember: the issue is not that you would wish to die, your goal is not death – but you do not wish to continue with the situation as it is, things need to change, you wish to improve your outlook.
- Choose a forensic, and/or a scientifically oriented, analytical thinking psychiatrist.
- Before anything, carefully check out the attitude, the views of the psychiatrist you would wish to do the report.